Facial Coverings Update 30/11/21
Following the announcement from H.M. Government & Public Health England, made on Saturday 27th November 2021, the wearing of facial coverings on all forms of public transport (including buses, trams and trains within the UK) will become mandatory from Tuesday 30th November 2021.
Unless you are exempt from wearing a facial covering, then you must not board any of our buses and think about the health and safety of other customers who will be travelling.
CT4N would like to take this opportunity to reassure our customers of the safety measures we have taken and that will continue to be taken when operating our bus services.
Maintaining health and safety standards in general has always been a high priority for CT4N and we have in place robust and long-standing measures to protect the well-being of our customers, staff, and the general public.
As well as meeting all our usual health and safety and operations standards, we adopted several additional measures during the Covid-19 crisis and today we are reminding you of these processes which have continued throughout the pandemic, which include:
• Following up-to-date national guidance on safety processes including that from Public Health England (social distancing and isolation), Health & Safety Executive (guidance on driver access to welfare facilities) and ACAS (advice for employers and employees) – we check these sources for updates daily.
• Working to industry standards including recent guidance from Confederation of Passenger Transport (UK)
• Following guidance from Community Transport Association regarding the carriage of vulnerable persons for essential journeys.
• We constantly monitor the latest guidance from DfT, DVSA, and Traffic Commissioners as well as operator best practice from elsewhere.
How can I keep safe whilst travelling on-board your buses?
• Always wear a facial covering, unless you are medically exempt
• If you're feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid-19, do not travel
• Pay for your travel where possible with a contactless card or smart device
• plan your journey and check our Twitter feeds for any service cancellations
• wash your hands before and after using the bus, or use the hand sanitiser provided on board
• leave windows open to improve air ventilation
What are we doing to keep you safe?
• Enhanced cleaning process using, paying special attention to touch points on board
• Our driving teams have access to hand sanitizer both at depot and on bus.
• PPE has been offered to our teams, including face coverings, gloves, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes
• Temporary screens have been put in place to form a physical barrier between you and our team, and will remain on board until further notice
• Additional cleaning of vehicles will take place with Zoono used on all buses
• Digital thermometer checks for our team at the start of each shift
• Visit our website https://www.ct4n.co.uk/ for updates on timetables and travel information.
• Visit https://www.gov.uk/ to keep up to date with information issued by H.M Government.